In India, electrical and diesel-powered water pumping systems are widely utilized for irrigation applications. A solar powered pump is a pump running on the power of the sun. It makes efficient use of solar energy and converts it into electrical energy for pumping water to great heights. A solar powered pump can be very environment friendly and economical in its operation. This system operates on power generated using solar PV (photovoltaic) system. The photovoltaic array converts the solar energy into electricity, which is used for running the motor pump set. The pumping system draws water from the open well, bore well, pond etc. The water pumping system can be used to irrigate land, when the water is to be pumped from a depth of well or a pond.
Advantages of Solar Water Pumps:
- It helps in saving Energy.
- There is no fuel cost – as it uses available free sun light.
- No electricity required.
- Can be operated lifelong.
- It is highly reliable and durable.
- Easy to operate and maintain
- It is also useful for clean, drinking water sanitation and also irrigation.
- It reduces the dependence on rain.
- It creates wealth for farmers by increasing no of crops.
Types of Solar Pumps –
There are two main types of solar pumps. Surface pumps sit above ground and move water through pipes. These are handy for moving large quantities of water at a slow pace. Surface pumps are commonly found on farms or large irrigation systems where water needs to be moved from a lake or other body to fields or landscaping. There are also submersible solar water pumps. These units are installed underground, but the solar panels are connected above ground. Submersible pumps are used to move water from inside wells to the surface.
- Controls multiple motor options like BLDC, PMDC and AC induction motors Operates solar panels and provides water pumping solutions in remote areas
- 110, 220, 360 and 600 V DC options
- From 1 to 20 HP
- Incorporates motor control technologies like sensor-less BLDC, PMSM, FOC and space vector PWM
- Programmed with advanced MPPT algorithms for maximum utilisation of the motor performance from the available solar power, hence providing maximum flow for the pumps at all times
- LCD display
- RMU (remote monitoring unit)- IOT 4.0 ready
- Sends data to cloud for remote monitoring Optional feature for feeding back to grid
- Short circuit, loose connection, pump jam sensing
- Optional feature to perform as inverter to run farm tools and machinery